The Role of the Project Manager
A highly competitive market place, sophisticated buildings and demanding landlords has meant that projects have become more onerous, specialised and technically challenging.
Our self-motivated team work with a variety of clients and are engaged in many diverse scenarios and sectors. Whether you have been tasked with the new office move, lack time, knowledge and resources and are unsure where to start, or are a client with dedicated real estate team looking for some additional support, we will tailor our services to take you through the project in a controlled, cost effective and fun manner.
We are extremely experienced and offer high quality independent project management to our clients. Our Project Managers will protect your interests, your budgets and your design from inception to completion.
Scope of Services
- Be your day to day point of contact throughout
- Act as your advocate to ensure your best interests are protected for the entire project
- Arrange, chair and minute all necessary meetings
- Establish your initial brief, budget, technical needs, timelines and key milestones
- Identify, manage and mitigate all potential risks
- Liaise with your acquisition agents
- Tour the potential properties with you and your agent
- Check the shortlisted building’s technical capabilities meet your brief
- Discuss with the chosen landlord their requirements regarding fitout
- Assist you, your agent and legal team in the lease negotiations.
Design and Procurement Services
- Confirm a detailed client brief including the look and feel and your aspirations.
- Advise on the best procurement strategy for you.
- Setting fixed project and capital expenditure budgets
- Discuss suitable forms of project construction contracts
- Adapting our reporting processes to fit your criteria and report back to you regularly
- Ascertaining your sign off timeframes and internal governance structures
- Shortlist and advise on the best possible design and contractor teams for you.
- Ensure your statutory obligations are met
- Consolidate a robust pricing, design and contract pack
- Analyse returned submissions and under the contract formally appoint the best contractor
- Identify and implement possible value engineering options.
- Facilitate and manage the licence for alteration approval process with the landlord
Construction Phase Services
- Act as the Contract Administrator issuing instruction on your behalf
- Monitor and oversee all construction work in line with defined quality expectations
- Apply change control procedures authorising any deviation from the original contract
- Drive construction progress in accordance with the timeline
- Together with your cost consultant validate and certify contractor payments.
- On completion carry out an exhaustive review of the works checking quality and compliance with the contract.
- Review building control and other statuary documentation provided by the contractor
- Issue all necessary contractual certificates and fully handover the project to you
- Conduct an in-depth project debrief and act for you during the defect liability period